Every year people make New Year’s resolutions, and every year so many of those resolutions fall by the wayside as the new year progresses. Whether it is to lose 10 pounds or to reach a certain sales goal, we want to encourage you to stay on track and really focus on what you want to achieve. When making your new year’s resolutions here are some things to remember:
- Be specific.
- It’s easy enough to say you want to grow your business. But unless you devise a specific goal, there is a good chance you will be unsuccessful in reaching it. What will constitute growth at your business that will leave you satisfied by the end of the year? More money? More customers? More Facebook followers? Define what constitutes growth and by how much. The more specific you are the better because then you have an actual goal within your reach.
- Set checkpoints.
- If you set an ambitious goal, it can seem daunting in the beginning. So one way to make sure that goal is attainable is to set checkpoints. How many additional customers do you hope to have by the end of the first quarter? Break it down, so you have miniature, more attainable goals to achieve one at a time while on the road to the end goal at the end of the year.
- Be realistic.
- We were all told to reach for the stars and to dream big, and while we should be optimistic, we need to also be realistic. Don’t set yourself up for failure. Dream big but dream attainable, as well. Know what is within your reach.
- Develop a support system.
- Share your goals. Letting others in on what you want to achieve will keep you accountable and lead to a better chance of success.
Here’s to the new year and to your success!